What is this web portal all about?
Web based Prototype of Offline Tool of New Return is an interactive demo or mock-up of the “Offline Tools of New Return” to give stakeholders a feel of what the Tool will look like and to get their feedback on the same, before it goes live. It is an interactive prototype, which allows users to navigate from page to page and use functionality such as drop down menus, invoice upload, upload of purchase register for matching with system created inward supplies etc.
- It is only a screen layout of the Offline Tool for viewing and familiarizing the stakeholders with the offline tool being developed to prepare proposed return and obtaining their feedback.
- It contains specimen of the screens which will be made available in the actual Offline Tool to be deployed on the GST Portal soon.
- It is a web based Prototype to view working of Offline Tool by taxpayers, while filling their return in proposed Form GST ANX-1 and GST ANX-2.
- The values entered in the prototype screens may not match with calculated summary shown in summary screens. Prototype does not perform addition/subtraction or other arithmetic calculations.
What are the Offline Tools planned under New Return?
In the proposed system of new GST Return filing, a normal taxpayer would have to file FORM GST RET-1 (Normal) or FORM GST RET-2 (Sahaj) or FORM GST RET-3 (Sugam) on either monthly or quarterly basis. Annexure of supplies (GST ANX-1) and Annexure of Inward Supplies (GST ANX-2) will be filed as part of these returns. All the outward supplies will be detailed in GST ANX-1 while GST ANX-2 will contain details of inward supplies auto-populated mainly from the suppliers GST ANX-1. It will also contain details auto-populated from Form GSTR-5 and Form GSTR-6.What is the purpose of Prototype?
While the actual Offline Tool of ANX-1 and ANX-2 are being designed for taking feedback on use of Offline Tool of New returns and suggestions from users to provide matching facility with taxpayer’s purchase register to find out mismatches of invoices not uploaded or incorrectly uploaded by suppliers, it was thought valuable to run it again as a Prototype to get feedback on user interface and functionalities to enable us to deliver the best suited product.What can you do on Prototype?
Since it is mock-up and not the real tool, you can enter data but it will not be saved.
- In the prototype, some sample data are pre-populated for view and familiarization.
- Some of the features of the actual tool will not be available to users in this prototype, such as the feature of saving data, downloading/uploading JSON to GST Portal and related error rectification etc.
- Users can provide their Feedback on the prototype, by filling in the (a special sheet that has been provided) and mailing the same to Feedback .NewReturn@gstn.org.in.